Rajma Chawal Recipe, How to make Rajma Chawal at home, How to make Rajma Chawal, Easy way to make Rajma Chawal Rice, Punjabi Style Rajma Chawal Recipe
Rajma Chawal is a Punjabi dish. Its taste is very tasty and pungent, it is liked in Punjab as well as in the whole country. In this, kidney beans, ginger, green, chili, tomato, onion and many spices are used and then mixed with rice and eaten. You will find all the ingredients required in this very easily at your home. People like to eat this dish in lunch. Apart from being good in taste, Rajma rice is a nutritious food. You can make this very easily at your home.
Rajma Chawal Recipe- Ingredients
– Rajma (1/2 cup – soaked overnight)
– Cooked Rice (3 cups)
– Oil (1 tbsp)
– Cumin (1/2 tsp)
– Asafoetida (1/4 tsp)
– Onion (1/2 cup – chopped)
– Ginger garlic paste (1/2 tsp)
– Tomato (1/2 cup – chopped)
– Turmeric powder (1/4 tsp)
– Chilli powder (1/2 tsp)
– Coriander cumin powder (1 tsp)
– Coriander (finely chopped)
– Salt (as per taste)
Rajma Chawal Cooking Time
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
Total Time – 40 Minutes
How to make Rajma Chawal- Instructions
1. To make this dish, heat oil in a pressure cooker, add cumin seeds and asafoetida and fry on medium heat for 1 minute.
2. Add ginger garlic paste and onion and fry on medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
3. After this add tomatoes, turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander-cumin powder and salt and mix well and cook on medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes while stirring occasionally.
4. Now add kidney beans and a cup of water and mix well and cook in a pressure cooker for 4 whistles.
5. Let the steam escape completely before opening the lid.
6. After this add cooked rice, mix gently and cook on low flame for 2 minutes to 4 minutes while stirring in between.
7. Now garnish it with coriander.
8. Your Rajma chawal is ready.