California Tamale Pie
Tamale Pie or California Tamale Pie is a dish which us everyone’s favourite. There are so many reason people loved it dish because they are savoy, delicious and warm food. It is the perfect dish to serve to your family, friends and loved ones.
What is Tamale Pie?
California Tamale Pie is a classic casserole which is made of ground beef, corn, salsa and cheese. This dish is baked under a layer of corn bread and serve with salsa and cheese. This is very delicious and juicy warm dish which will be ready in 50 minutes.
Tips for making California Pie
1. If you love spicy food you can add jalapeño and mix it with the rest of the ingredients.
2. You can add some more cheese to it make it more juicy.
3. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Recipe for Tamale Pie
Ingredients to make Tamale Pie
– Ground Beef (1 kg)
– Real California Queso Fresco
– Whole Milk (1/3 Cup)
– Real California Cheese
– Eggs (2)
– Corn Bread Mix
– Chopped Cilantro (2 Tablespoon)
– Jar Salsa
– Chili Seasoning (3 Tablespoon)
– Salt (As Per Taste)
How to make Best Tamale Pie
Instructions to make California Pies
1. To make this dish, preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Now add ground beef and seasoning to skillet over medium heat.
3. After this add salt and stir it with salt and seasoning.
4. Now cook it until ground turkey is browned.
5. After this add corn, salsa and cilantro to pan.
6. Mix it well until combined.
7. Now remove from gas and set aside for cooling.
8. After this, take a large bowl and put corn bread mix, milk and eggs and whisk together.
9. Now spread half of the corn bread batter in the bottom of an oven-safe pan or baking container.
10. Now top with ground beef mixture, Real California Cheese, corn bread batter and then again Real California Cheese.
11. After this, bake it for 30 to 35 minutes in a oven.
12. Now remove it from oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
13. Top with chopped cilantro, salsa, California queso fresco at the time of serving.
14. Your California Tamale Pie is ready to eat.
What to serve with Tamale Pie?
1. Potato Salad
2. Corn Bread
3. Mashed Potatoes
4. Creamed Corn
5. Fried Okra
6. Black Beans
8. Spanish Rice
Nutrition in California Tamale Pie
Saturated Fat- 14g
Vitamin A- 618IU
Vitamin C- 4mg