This is a popular snack from South America. Brazilian Churros are filled with chocolate or dulce de leche. Dulce de leche is a caramel which is called doce le leite in Brazil. This churros differs from the Spanish doughnuts. It is made by deep fried with long prism shape dipped into sugar and cinnamon. It is also differs from other counterparts because of its size. The dough is slightly thicker and allowing more space for the filling. People of Brazil likes this dish a lot. They love to have it as an evening snacks eaten at parks. After knowing this recipe, you will also become fan of this churros.
What is Brazilian Churros?
This Brazilian Churros are prism shaped freshly prepared doughnuts. Making this doughnuts is an artisan process which has been perfected throughout the time. Brazilian Churros is a vegan dish which can be enjoyed by anyone whether they are vegetarian or non-vegetarian. It is combination of the inside softness and outside crispness. This snack can be indulge plain coated in sugar and cinnamon or filled with dulce de leche.
Recipe for Brazilian Churros
Ingredients to make Brazilian Churros
– All-purpose Flour (1 cup)
– Butter (4 tablespoons)
– Sugar (2 tablespoons)
– Eggs (3)
– Granulated Sugar (1/2 cup)
– Baking Powder (1/2 teaspoon)
– Vanilla Extract (1 teaspoon)
– Ground Cinnamon (1 teaspoon)
– dulce de leche (1 cup)
– Vegetable Oil (2 cups)
– Salt (1/4 teaspoon)
– Water (1 cup)
How to make Brazilian Churros
Instructions to make Brazilian Churros
1. To make this delicious churros, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl.
2. Now add butter and water in a pot and bring to boil until butter has melted.
3. Remove the pot from the heat.
4. Now add flour mixture and mix it with a spoon until it forms a ball.
5. After this, add vanilla and eggs and combine it well.
6. Add eggs one by one.
7. Make soft dough.
8. Add the batter to a piping bag with a large star shaped tip.
9. Now take a deep frying pan and heat the vegetable oil.
10. After this, pipe the churros directly into the oil.
11. Fry all the churros until they are golden brown.
12. Now, remove the churros from oil and place on a plate lined with paper towel.
13. Paper towel will remove the excess oil from deep fried churros.
14. Now use a wooden skewer to make h hole on the inside of each churros.
15. Now fill the churros with dulce de leche by using piping bag.
16. After this, combine cinnamon and sugar and dip the churros in this mixture.
17. Your dish is ready to serve.
What to serve with Brazilian Churros?
1. Crème Catalan
2. Sweet Potatoes
3. Chai Masala
4. Sweet Chocolate Sauce
5. Chocolate Custard Sauce
Nutrition in Brazilian Churros
Saturated Fat- 0.5g
Trans Fat- 0.1g
Polyunsaturated Fat- 1.8g
Monosaturated Fat- 5g
Vitamin D- 0mcg
Tennessee Mountain Stake Cake
Ham Biscuit Recipe
Candace McCowan Biography