Mohabbat Ka Sharbat and Watermelon Sharbat
It is often advised to consume cold things during the summer season. Generally, in India, drinks made in minutes like buttermilk, lassi and lemon water which is prepared by squashing lemon in water with sugar. All these drinks are fun to drink and also help us to get relief from the heat. Most of these drinks are curd based, but do you know that you can also make great drinks from your favorite fruits available in summer. One such popular fruit is watermelon, which is eaten by all of us fondly during the season. Apart from eating watermelon in summer, you can use it to make refreshing drinks and one of them is Mohabbat Ka Sharbat.
What is Mohabbat Ka Sharbat?
Mohabbat Ka Sharbat is a very famous drink which is consumed in summer. It looks pink in color and tastes very good. It is also very easy to make. Rose syrup, small pieces of watermelon along with milk work to enhance its taste. As good and soothing as the name ‘Mohabbat Ka Sharbat” sounds, its taste is equally wonderful. All the ingredients used in this pink colored sharbat are natural coolers in themselves. Its main ingredients is watermelon, along with this, it contains Milk, Rooh Afza and Sugar. It is prepared by mixing it in a specific quantity with ice. This is a very popular drink or sharbat from old Delhi. Whenever you visit Old Delhi in summer, you will find sharbat e mohabbat there.
Tips for making Mohabbat Ka Sharbat
1. Always use cold milk to make this drink.
2. Cut the watermelon into small cubes.
3. Always mix the milk and Rooh Afza first.
4. Add some cardamom powder, it adds very good flavour to it.
5. Always add ice cubes in the last.
Why it is called Mohabbat Ka Sharbat?
It is also called Pyaar Mohabbat Ka Sharbat. The sharbat popularized by Nawab Qureshi at Matia Mahal, which he called Pyaar Mohabbat Maza. It is now being sold by a few others as well. Mohabbat Ka Sharbat got its name from owner of the shop who is known as Pyaar Mohabbat Sharbat Wala.
What are the other names of Mohabbat Ka Sharbat?
2. Pyaar Mohabbat Maza
3. Pyaar Mohabbat Sharbat
4. Watermelon Sharbat
5. Watermelon Drink
6. Watermelon Juice with Milk
7. Mohabbat Ka Sharbat Delhi
8. Mohabbat Ka Sharbat Old Delhi
9. Mohabbat Ka Sharbat Purani Delhi
10. Mohabbat Ka Sharbat Jama Masjid
Mohabbat Ka Sharbat Recipe
Ingredients for making Mohabbat Ka Sharbat
– Watermelon (1 Kg)
– Cold Milk (1 Litre)
– Rooh Afza (1/2 Cup)
– Powdered Sugar (1/2 Cup)
– Ice Cubes (20 Cubes)
– Rose Petals (For Garnishing)
How to make Mohabbat Ka Sharbat
Instructions to make Mohabbat Ka Sharbat
1. To make Pyaar Mohabbat Ka Sharbat, first cut the Watermelon from the middle and then peel each and every part of it.
2. After this, cut the watermelon into small pieces.
3. Take out the seeds of watermelon and cut into tiny pieces.
4. Now mix cold milk, Rooh Afz, Sugar and watermelon.
5. Add cardamom powder and mix it well.
6. Take it out in a serving glass and put ice cubes.
7. Garnish with rose petals.
8. Your Mohabbat Ka Sharbat is ready.
Nutrition in Mohabbat Ka Sharbat
Vitamin C- 3mg
Vitamin A- 414IU