Paneer Lababdar is a Mughal dish and its origin are from Mughal time. Those dishes which termed Lababdar have some Mughal influence. The word Lababdar used to describe rich and delectable dishes. Paneer Lababdar is a dish that are extremely desirable and delicious and those that will surrender by you and your taste buds. In this article, we will know about the origin of Paneer Lababdar.
Paneer Lababdar Recipe
Paneer Lababdar is the dish that always tops in Desi people’s list. It is very delicious and delightful North India dish which is like by people of whole country. This dish is made with luscious Paneer cubes and also with grated Paneer. This recipe is a onion, tomato and cashew-based gravy and the whole thing like gravy, spices and paneer will just make your mouth watery.
If you want this dish to be authentic Paneer Lababdar you must use melon seed and grated paneer in it. It is not only its signature style but makes the gravy even more irresistible and satiating. This dish best served with Plain Naans, Garlic Butter Naan, Laccha Paratha and Jeera Rice. The Indian cottage cheese which we known as Paneer, is a very versatile ingredients which you will find in any Vegetarian menu in India. It makes sensational main dishes and mouth-watering appetizers.
How to make Paneer Lababdar
Paneer Lababdaris a very famous and popular North Indian dish. Its gravy has creamy, rich and nice texture. This a very simple and easy recipe to make. Paneer Lababdar recipe is full of flavours, creamy and spicy. The Indian Cottage Cheese or Paneer just melts in mouth. You can easily make this recipe at home.
This recipe does not need many ingredients. The ingredients that will needed to make this dish are easily available in your pantry. You can make this recipe on festivals days and special days too. I can assure you that your family and friends will love this dish and praise you for making this delicious dish.
Ingredients to make Paneer Lababdar
– Paneer (500 gm)
– Paneer (Grated)
– Fresh Cream (1 teaspoon)
– Hot Water
– Salt (as per taste)
– Red Chilli Powder
– Coriander Powder (1 teaspoon)
– Garam Masala (1 teaspoon)
– Ginger-Garlic Paste (1 teaspoon)
– Butter (1 tablespoon)
– Cashew Nuts (6-7)
– Melon Seeds
– Tomatoes (2 medium size chopped)
– Onion (4 sliced)
– Oil (1 teaspoon)
Recipe of Paneer Lababdar
1. To make this dish, heat up oil on medium heat in a pan and add onions.
2. Now fry onion well until it gets light golden brown colour.
3. After this add cashew nuts, tomatoes, melon seeds and fry well for about 7 to 8 minutes until tomato is cooked very well.
4. Now turn off the gas and let the mixture cool down a little.
5. After this, transfer the mixture into a blender jar and blend into smooth paste without adding any water.
6. The paste should be thick.
7. Now heat up a pan on medium heat and add butter.
8. When butter melts add ginger-garlic paste and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
9. After this add the blended mixture and fry well for about 6 to 7 minutes.
10. Now add coriander powder, red chilli, garam masala and mix it well.
11. After this add sugar and fry everything well together for 4 to 5 minutes on medium heat.
12. Now when mixture begins to release oil add hot water and mix it well.
13. Now add salt and mix well.
14. Simmer the gravy well for about 7 to 8 minutes.
15. After this add fresh cream and mix well.
16. Add paneer cubes and grated paneer and mix well cook it for just 4 to 5 minutes.
17. Now turn off the gas.
18. Paneer Lababdar is ready.
Paneer Lababdar Photos
Calories in Paneer Lababdar
Paneer Lababdar, serving one have 115 calories. In this 115 calories, carbohydrates comprise 64 calories, proteins comprise 36 calories and remaining calories come from fat which comprise 14 calories. One serving of this dish that is Paneer Lababdar provides about 6% of the daily calorie requirement of an adult diet of 2000 calories.