Tricolor Dhokla Recipe, How to make Tricolor Dhokla at home, How to make Tricolor Dhokla, Easy way to make Tricolor Dhokla
Everyone must know about Dhokla, but Tiranga Dhokla is a very tasty and different dish, which we can make on Independence Day or Republic Day. Like ordinary Dhokla, this dish is also very easy to make. Semolina, carrot and spinach are required to make it. It is a nutritious diet. It is made of three colors. Tiranga Dhokla is the traditional Besan Dhokla only it is made with semolina instead of gram flour. Carrot is used to add orange colour. Spinach is used to add green colour. You can also make it by adding food colour, but here we will make this dish in a nutritious way. You can easily make it at your home.
Tiranga Dhokla Recipe- Ingredients
– Semolina (2 cups)
– Curd (half cup)
– Carrot (1 cup – finely chopped)
– Spinach paste (half cup)
– Baking soda (1 tsp)
– Sugar (1 tsp)
– Mustard seeds (1 tsp)
– Salt (as per taste)
Tiranga Dhokla Cooking Time
Preparation Time – 20 minutes
Cooking Time – 25 minutes
Total Time – 45 Minutes
How to make Tiranga Dhokla- Instructions
To make Dhokla batter
1. Take half a cup of semolina in a bowl.
2. After this, add half a teaspoon of salt and half a cup of curd to it and mix it well.
3. Now keep the bowl from the plate for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. After this you will see that the semolina has puffed up.
5. Mix it well with a spoon once.
6. Now divide semolina mixture equally in three bowls.
7. Put half a teaspoon of sugar in all the three bowls.
8. After this, for the white layer, first add some water in the bowl and make a batter which should neither be too thin nor too thick.
9. Now put carrot paste in another bowl and mix it well.
10. The mixture should not be too thick or too thin.
11. Add spinach paste to the semolina mixture for the green layer and mix well.
To make Tricolor Dhokla
1. Now grease a dhokla tray with oil.
2. Turn on the gas and heat two glasses of water in a pan.
3. Put a stand in it.
4. Cover the pan with a lid and let the water boil.
5. Add a small spoon of baking soda or eno to the green layer and mix it with light hands.
6. Now put the green mixture in the greased tray, place the oiled tray in the pan.
7. Now cover it and let it cook for 5 minutes on high flame.
8. After this add a teaspoon of baking soda to the white mixture and mix it lightly.
9. Now after 5 minutes reduce the flame and take out the tray from the pan.
10. Pour the white mixture over the green mixture and spread it evenly.
11. Now put the tray back in the pan and increase the flame and steam for 5 minutes.
12. Add a teaspoon of baking soda to the orange mixture and mix well.
13. Now put the mixture on top of the two layers and repeat the previous process.
14. Spread the mixture evenly so that the Dhokla spreads evenly.
15. Now put the dhokla tray back in the pan.
16. Cover it with a lid and let it cook for 10 minutes on high flame.
17. After this, after 10 minutes, use a toothpick to check whether the Dhokla is ready or not. If the toothpick comes out clean, it means the Dhokla is ready.
18. Switch off the gas. Take out the dhokla tray and let the dhokla cool down for about half an hour.
1. For tadka, first take a pan and heat oil in it.
2. Now put mustard seeds in it.
3. After this add half a glass of water and mix it well and turn off the gas.
To serve Tiranga Dhokla
1. When the Dhokla cools down, take it out from the tray in a plate.
2. With the help of your hands, turn the Dhokla upside down so that orange color comes from the top.
3. Now cut it in a shape with the help of a knife.
4. Pour the tempering over the dhokla.
5. Tiranga Dhokla is ready.