Apple Pie Recipe, How To Make Apple Pie At Home, How To Make Apple Pie, Easy Way To Make Apple Pie
There are two components to make delicious apple pie: the filling, made with fresh apples and the pastry. In this recipe we have given two types of pastry: the first is sweet pastry, which is typically Australian and second is flaky pastry which is an American pie style. The sweet pastry is short and crumbly because it is of high fat and sugar content, and the addition of egg yolk makes it softer. The flaky pastry is made with lard which creates the flakiness, less sugar and no egg makes for a crisper finish to the Apple Pie. Apple pie is very easy to make. You can easily make it at your home.
Apple Pie Recipe- Ingredients
– Apples (8)
– Caster Sugar (300 gm)
– Light Brown Sugar (50 gm)
– Finely Grated Lemon Rind
– Lemon Juice (1 Tablespoon)
– Ground Cinnamon (1 Tablespoon)
– Demerara Sugar (50 gm)
– Butter (400 gm)
– Plain Flour (500 gm)
– Egg Yolk (6)
– Lard (100 gm)
Apple Pie Cooking Time
Preparation Time- 40 Minutes
Cooking Time- 80 Minutes
Total Time- 1 hr 20 Minutes
How to make Apple Pie- Instructions
1. Cut apple into slices in a large pan.
2. Now add sugar, lemon juice, lemon rind, cinnamon and a pinch of salt and stir to combine.
3. Cover with a lid and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until apples are tender but retain their shape.
4. Set a side to cool then strain.
5. For making pastry, pulse butter, flour and sugar in a food processor until better is in size of peas.
6. Remove half the mixture and continue to pulse until coarse crumbs from written half process to mixture form.
7. Return half-processed mixture and pulse to 2 to 3 times just to combine.
8. Whisk yolk and 40 ml ice to water together in a small bowl to combine, then added to the flour mixture, pulsing just until the mix holds when pressed between two fingers.
9. Turn dough out onto a bench and bring together with the heel of your hand.
10. Divide in half, flatten each into a 12 cm disc, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate to rest for 2 hours.
Apple Pie Recipe
11. Preheat oven to 220C. Stand pastry at room temperature for 10 minutes then place one disc between two sheets of go between and roll to a 30 cm round, then refrigerator.
12. Roll remaining disc to a 25 CM round then refrigerate.
13. Line a deep pyrex pie dish with 30 cm round of pastry and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
14. Fill the dish with apple filling, then gently lift the pastry lid on top.
15. Trim the pastry to a little beyond the rim of the dish, then press and crimp for the edges together.
16. Wishk egg white, brush the pie top with it, sprinkle the sugar and cut a few slits in the top.
17. Transfer pie to oven, reduce the temperature to 200C and bake for 12 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 185C and continue to bake, rotating the dish halfway through cooking, until pie is deep golden brown, bake it for 40 to 50 minutes.
18. Set a side to cool a little before serving.
19. Your Apple Pie is ready.