Who is Ratan Tata? Why Ratan Tata Is Famous? Ratan Tata Biography,Ratan Tata Career,Ratan Tata Family,Ratan Tata Girlfriend,Ratan Tata Wife,Ratan Tata Personal Life,Ratan Tata Business,Ratan Tata Kon h,Ratan Tata Assistant,Ratan Tata Grandson,Ratan Tata Net Worth,Ratan Tata Age,Ratan Tata Birthday
Ratan Tata Biography: Ratan Tata is one of the most well- known and respected Industrialists in India. He is also the chairman of Tata sons and Tata Group. At the age of 73 Tata heads one of the country’s largest conglomerates which comprise nearly hundred forms with revenues totaling about USD 67 billion. He is also the chairman of major Tata companies such as Tata Steel, Tata Motors, Tata teleservices, Power, Tata Consultancy Services, Tata Tea, Tata Chemicals and the Indian Hotels Company.
Biography of Ratan Tata
Ratan Tata was born on December 28, 1937 in Mumbai, in one of the richest families. His great-grandfather was Jamshedji Tata, founder of the Tata Group. Ratan Tata is the son of Naval Tata and Sooni Commissariat. They got separated when Ratan Tata was 10 years old. He was then formally adopted by his grandmother and widow of Sir Ratan ji Tata – Navajbai Tata- through the J.N. Prtit Parsi orphanage. Ratan Tata was raised with his half-brother Noel Tata (son of Naval Tata and Simone Tata).
In 1962, he joined the Tata Group and his first job involve working with the Tata Steel division in Jamshedpur, where he worked with the blue-collar employees shoveling stone and working with the furnaces. He was appointed the Director-in-charge of the National Radio and Electronics Company Limited (Nelco) in 1971 and was successful in turning Nelco around.
Ratan Tata Biography
|Full Name||Ratan Naval Tata
|Profession(s)||Industrialists, Investor, Philanthropist|
Physical Appearance of Ratan Tata
|Height (approx.)||cm- 177 cm
m- 1.77 m
feet inches- 5’10”
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Ratan Tata Personal Life
|Date of Birth||28 December 1937|
|Age (as in 2021)||84|
|Birth Place||Bombay, British India|
|Address||Ratan Tata lives in a sea-facing three-storey house in Mumbai’s Colaba Region
|Hobbies||Listening to old Hindi songs, Painting, Driving, Flying Jet Planes, Playing the Piano, Reading, Playing with his pet dogs|
Ratan Tata Relationship
|Affairs/Girlfriends||In an Interview, when asked how many times he had been in love, he replied, “seriously four times”.|
Ratan Tata Family
|Parents||Father: Late Naval Tata (Businessman)
Mother: Late Sooni Tata
|Siblings||Brother: Noel Tata (Half-brother)- Businessman
Favourite Things of Ratan Tata
|Businessman||JRD Tata, Jean Ribound|
|Food||Masoor Dal cooked with lots of garlic, Mutton Pulao Dal, Nut-rich baked custard|
Cars Collection of Ratan Tata
|Cars Collection||Ferrari California, Honda Civic, Land Rover Freelander, Maserati Quattroporte, Cadillac XLV, Mercedes Benz 500 SL, Chrysler Sebring, Mercedes Benz S-Class, Jaguar F-Type, Jaguar XF-R|
Ratan Tata Net Worth
|Net Worth|| $291 Billion
Awards Received by Ratan Tata
|2009||Honorary Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire|
|2009||Grand Officer of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic|
|2012||Grand Cordon of the Order of the Rising Sun by the Government of Japan|
|2014||Honorary Knight Grand Cross of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire|
|2016||Commander of the Legion of Honour by the Government of France|
Controversies of Ratan Tata
1. In May 2006, Ratan Tata announced plans to manufacture a small car, the nano at Singur in West Bengal. After the announcement he had to face protests from the local farmers who accused the state government of forcibly acquiring their land. In July 2006 Trinamool Congress chief Mamta Banerjee joined forces with the protestors. In August 2008, however, Ratan Tata announced shifting the project to Gujarat, which was led by then Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
2. In 2010, his name appeared in the ‘Nira Radia Tapes’ controversy. The controversy, which broke in November 2010, involved telephone conversation between corporate lobbyist Nira Radia and various industrialists, politicians, journalists and bureaucrats that were leaked to the press. One of the Industrialist whom Radiya had spoken to was Ratan Tata. Following the release of these tapes, Tata went to court seeking a restrain on the media from carrying any more of such tapes.
Amazing Facts about Ratan Tata
1. Ratan Tata is a name to reckon with the annals of Tata Group’s business. Although he is one of the most influential businessman in India. He is best known for his simplicity and loneliness, and the words used most often to describe Ratan Tata are ‘shy’ and ‘loner’.
2. During his 21 years of tenure as the Chairman of Tata Group (1991-2012), revenues grew over 40 times, and profit, over 50 times.
3. Ratan Tata in many ways, is accidental Millionaire. He is, in fact, a gifted interloper, who, even after heading one of the biggest business conglomerates in India, lives an ordinary life and change the media spotlight. This quiet and humble Indian business tycoon drives himself to work in a Tata sedan.
4. Ratan Tata belongs to a family that had everything but children. Traditionally Parsee priests, the Tata family got its recognition when Jamshedji Tata open the textile mill in 1868. Strikingly, it offered workers pension and paid accident compensation, the facilities, which were nowwhere in the scene in the Indian business sector.
5. Although the Tatas had built up a formidable business by 1971, the family was running out of heirs.
Ratan Tata Life
6. Ratan’s father Naval H Tata was born into an ordinary family in Surat. Naval parents died when he was too young, living him to be raised at an orphanage, but Naval was destined to win life’s lottery and at 13. Naval was adopted by Lady Navajbai Tata, who had been left childless and widowed at 40. Thereafter, Naval rose to become the Deputy Chairman of the TATA Group.
7. Ratan is, in fact, aTata by birth as his biological maternal grandmother was the sister of Hirabai Tata, wife of group founder Jamshedji Tata. Moreover, his biological grandfather, Hormusji Tata also belong to the broader Tata family.
8. Unlike the Ratan Tata’s present-day lifestyle of an ordinary person. He spent his childhood in luxury as he grew up at Tata Palace, a white Baroque revival style building in the centre of Mumbai, attended by a crew of 50 servants. Reportedly, Ratan was driven to school in a Rolls-Royce.
Ratan Tata Lifestyle
9. Ratan Tata’s fascination for America let him there to study architecture at Cornell University. While in the United States Ratan travel across the country, washing dishes to make ends meet.
10. In an interview, Ratan admitted falling in love with a young woman in America. Although he said that he had fallen in love as many as four times, the closest one was with that American woman. He said,
“Well, you know one was probably the most serious was when I was working in the US and the only reason we did not get marriage was that I came back to India and she was to follow me and that was the year of the, if you like, the Indo-Chinese conflict and in true American fashion this conflict in the Himalayas, in the snowy, uninhabited part of the Himalayas was seen in the United States as a major war between India and China and so, she did not come and finally got married in the US thereafter.”